Sunday, February 19, 2012

ER Visit

On Saturday, it rained all day. It was one of those lazy days. Jason and I got up, had breakfast, and started working in the babies room.  We had a few things to hang on the wall and take care of.  We still have to mount their monitors.  Afterwards I wasn't feeling good so I laid in the bed to nap and Jason watched golf. My blood pressure had been elevated most of the day. I normally don't have blood pressure issues, if anything it is normally low.  So after sleeping 3-4 hours Jason cooked dinner while I laid on the couch. As you can tell we were LAZY.  Still I felt weird so I took my blood pressure again. This time it was around 165/110 which is really high for me.  I thought maybe our cuff was wrong so my parents brought their cuff over and still it was high. Mom insisted that I call the doctor. He told me to go straight to the ER.

Once arriving my blood pressure was 172/97 and I had 3+ anemia (which is the level of swelling). The ER was concerned so they sent me to labor and delivery.  After monitoring the babies for 2 hours, monitoring my blood pressure, and checking my blood and urine for preclamsia they released me.  My doctor instructed me to stay on the couch or in the bed until the babies arrived. Note: he didn't put me to strict bed-rest just wants me to stay off my feet. 

So now I am limited to the house but that's okay as long as the babies continue to grow. Now I have to deal with this horrible hip pain from doing nothing! Hopefully that is the last visit to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment