Friday, February 24, 2012

Contractions, contractions, and more contractions

Yesterday afternoon after returning from the doctor I noticed that I started having a lot of contractions.  Normally I would have one here and there but never consistently. They started around 4pm.  By around 7pm I decided to start timing them. They were 6 minutes apart and seemed really consistent.  I knew they weren't close enough so I tried to relax and let nature take its course.

12 hours later at 7am I was still up and having the contractions but they weren't as rhythmic.  I talked with the doctor and he suggested a hot bath and Tylenol.  He said try to rest as much as possible and that Labor and Delivery at the hospital was expecting me. I was in a lot of pain so Jason took half a day off to be with me.  I am so emotional that I cried when he told me he was coming home.  He came home and we slept for about 4 hours. It is unbelievable how much he can relax me.  After waking the contractions were still there but only occurred when I moved. If I laid completely still I was fine.

I really only want to go to the hospital if I am in try labor. I don't want to make several trips and it be nothing. From what I have been told when I am in actual labor I will know it so until then I am going to take it easy and hopefully it will happen before Tuesday. My mom's friend told me to relax and labor at home as much as possible before going to the hospital since it is so uncomfortable at the hospital.

I really thought today was the day- but I guess not! Well these babies have 3 more days to come naturally- hopefully they will :0)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment