Tuesday, February 14, 2012

36 Weeks~ Happy Valentine's Day!

Photo from BabyCenter
I can't believe I am actually 36 weeks pregnant with twins- 9 MONTHS!! It is so unbelievable. I never thought I would be pregnant much less make it to 36 weeks with 2 tiny miracles growing inside me.

In just a few weeks we will be meeting our sweet little babies. I pray everyday that they will be healthy and  the delivery will go well whether it is natural or by a c-section. I am so excited and can't believe I am almost there.

The babies weren't measured at my doctor's appointment  today because measurements were taken last week.  Anna Kate's heart rate was in the 150s and Foster's was in the 130s. My belly bump or should I say belly boulder measured 40 weeks. I now see why I am so miserable.  I am still only dilated 1 cm. I would have bet $ that I had dilated more due to the increase in pressure. My blood pressure was elevated so I had to rest and they took it again. As always it decreased to a normal range.  The doctor wants to see me back in two days, which is Thursday to see if Anna Kate is still breech and to check me before a long weekend.  The office is closed next Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras. At the end of this week the babies will be considered full term.



I decided to measure my belly and compare it to my height. I couldn't believe it! My belly measured 48"- note I am only 64" tall!!  When I measured my height it measures up to my chest- unbelievable.  I am almost as round as I am tall. I didn't know skin could stretch SO much!



I have been having a lot of contractions and severe hip pain but I keep telling myself that it is much better for me to suffer through the pain rather than the babies. They need to bake as long as possible. I started working from home this week. I already have normal ankles again and the swelling has really decreased.  I think staying off my feet will help the babies bake longer if I can only handle being alone all day. I am the type of person that wants to be around people 24x7. I do not like being alone! I'm going to TRY to rest as much as possible and enjoy my alone time until the babies arrive.

Oh I forgot to mention that I had a wonderful Valentine's Day with my hubby. He is the best man in the world. We had a relaxing evening, had dinner at the local Mexican Restaurant (I didn't want to fight crowds), and watched the MSU Basketball Team lose to LSU. Besides being very, very uncomfortable it was a nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment