Thursday, February 23, 2012

37 Weeks

Today I am 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I never, ever thoughts I would make it this far in my pregnancy.  But fortunately I did. I've pretty much had a perfect pregnancy- yes I was severely nauseous for the first 15 weeks, and a few other minor issues but nothing major and no issues with either of the babies.  I am really fortunate and God has really blessed us.

I went alone to the doctor today for my checkup.  I wanted to go early because I don't like waiting for afternoon appointments especially when I am working from home.  Everything looked great. Foster is now 6lbs 7oz and Anna Kate is 6lbs 9ozs.  I was so happy that Foster has caught up with his sister.  The doctor's office told me to expect a +/- variance of 1 pound.  At a minimum both babies should weight 5 1/2 pounds.  Hopefully with these weights the babies should be able to come home with me. Well that is if there aren't any other issues. I sure hope their coming home outfits fits! :0)

I am still only dilated 1 cm which was surprising to me. I was thinking that I had dilated more.  Both babies are head down.Foster's head is still really low.  I am scheduled to be induced next Tuesday which is 38 weeks. I thought I would be more excited but I think I am too tired and really don't have the energy to be excited. The doctor told me to check-in at the ER and then they would start pitocin. After a while they will give me an epidural and break my water.  He couldn't really give me an idea of how long it would take. He just said that we should have babies by Tuesday night.  He also said that during this time I needed to rest and limit visitors. That it would be a really long day and possible night.  He had previously told me that I could labor a couple of hours between babies so I needed to be well rested. I read somewhere that having a singleton is compared to running a race and having multiples is compared to running a marathon.  Hopefully I will be lucky and have an easy delivery but you just never know.  He also said that after the babies are born there will be roughly a 2 hour observation period for the babies.  They want to monitor the babies and want Jason and I to have bonding time with them.  I just can't wait to meet my sweet babies!!

Christina had previously booked her flight home for Wednesday so she will miss the birth but will be there the day after the babies are born. Besides that everything is going well.  I have a few things that we need to get done over the weekend before the babies arrive such as installing the car seats and making sure we know how to operate the car seats and load the car.  Poor Jason will have his work cut out for him.  Mom came over and helped clean today. I really appreciate her but know she is so tired from taking care of others. She just won't take no for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment