Tuesday, February 7, 2012

35 Weeks

Today was my 35 week check-up. I can't believe that we are so, so close to being parents. I just can't wait. Everything went well at the doctor.  Anna Kate measured 5lbs 6oz and Foster measured 5lbs. I was hoping he would catch up some with Anna Kate but maybe he will over the next few weeks.  Anna Kate is still breached so it still looks like we may have a c-section which I am fine with as long as it is the best option for the babies.

My blood pressure was slightly elevated so the doctor had me rest and took the readings again. The level  decreased which was good.  I have dilated 1cm and he will take the babies when I get to 4cm.  I am getting huge and of course uncomfortable. I have all of the normal signs of pregnancy. I guess the worse part is sleeping at night. My hips kill me but I think that has to do with carrying around ~11 pounds of baby. I have also started having sharp pains and contractions.  Well I think it is a contraction, my stomach feels like a brick for a minute and then goes back to normal. Some are painful and other aren't so bad.

I am still working but the doctor wrote me an excuse to start working from home next week which will be at 36 weeks. He thinks it is a good idea for me to stay off my feet more to lower my blood pressure and to help with swelling. I agreed!! At this point he doesn't think bedrest is needed nor will it be needed so I am very lucky! I can't imagine being confined to a bed with this hip pain.

Jason is getting excited about the babies as well. Poor guy does most of the house work and all of the cooking. I really don't have an appetite so I am good with eating small snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment