Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baby Craft Projects

Since I have been feeling better I decided to make a few things for the babies.  Being an engineer, I am not very artistic but I can follow directions and copy other people's ideas.  :0)  While shopping for craft supplies, I came across the Christmas ornament below.  I just loved it and had to have it!



Closet Dividers
My good friend, Haley, made closet dividers for one of our friends. I just loved the idea and thought it would be helpful to organize the babies' closet.  She shared the following blog with me that she used to make the dividers:
http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/11/21/diy-closet-dividers/


I bought O's from Hobby Lobby,
craft paint, scrap paper, and Mod Podge 

Anna Kate's Dividers
Foster's Dividers





Anna Kate's Closet Organizers (The numbers look off in the picture but are even)
Foster's Closet Dividers

Anna Kate's Bow Holder
As soon as I found out I was having a little girl I was so excited to buy hair bows and lacy clothes. While organizing the nursery closet, I realized that I needed a means of organizing Anna Kate's hair bows so I looked on Etsy for ideas and below is what I came up with. All of the materials came from Hobby Lobby and were very inexpensive.
I bought all the materials from Hobby Lobby



I used wood glue to apply the letters and a staple gun to attach the ribbons.  I sewed a washer at the bottom of each ribbon to serve as a weight. I was going to glue the washer on but decided for safety reason's that I would sew the washer in. I didn't want to create a choking hazard.  I love the way this project turned out!

I made the ribbons really long to hold several bows

I think Anna Kate will love the crown and owl

I also made burp cloths but will include in a separate post since this one is so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment