Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gender Reveal Party

The  Gender Reveal Party was at our house on October 8, 2011. We were so busy preparing the house for the party that I didn't have much time to think about the excitement before the party but I have to say it was an amazing experience to share with our families and friends.  We had an unbelievable time.  




The theme for our party was a bird's nest with 2 small eggs. We served cake, Anderson's sugar cookies, cold coffee punch, lemonade, and coffee.  Below is the invitation:


Our closest friends and family were all there to make memories with us. My sister, Christina, and Uncle Tim in Washington, DC attended via Skype. Everyone stopped by the computer to say hi. I think my Mac is the best present I have received in a while.



We cut the top tier cake which is Baby A--- It's BLUE!!! A Boy!! We announced his name Foster Michael which is after Jason Great-Grandfather James Foster. It was emotional for Jason's family. They were honored that we would name our son after him. We chose Michael since it is Jason's first name, his father's name, and my father's middle name. 

 


Then to the lower tier of the cake- Baby B--- Its's PINK!! A Girl!! Her name will be Anna Kate.  Anna is a family name on both sides of our family (Jason's cousin and great aunt are named Anna and my Aunt's middle name is Ann) and I also have a dear friend name Anna. Kate is just a name we liked :0).  The morning of the party, Jason and I laid in bed still trying to decide on Baby B's name. I don't know why it was so much harder to name a girl. I was still stuck on Lucy and Ann Marie but Anna Kate will be it! 




The top tier of the cake was filled with chocolate mousse and the bottom tier was filled with strawberry filling. The cake flavor was white chocolate.



Cake topper


Sign-in Table
I love this sweet nest and eggs
Anderson's Cookies- my favorite

Below are a some photos from our special day.




The To Be Grandmothers trying to break into the cake

The twins. My cousins Girl-Girl twins Allie and Katie and our friends, the Deangelo's Boy-Boy twins. Next year at this time we will add another set of twins- I can't wait!


Special thanks to Shem and Keira for operating the camera and video camera. Also a very special thanks to my wonderful mother who practically cleaned my entire house. (My lower back was hurting so bad that it would have been difficult to do that much labor.) Also thanks to my mom and Mother-In-Law, Mrs. June, who helped with all the cleanup. I also want to thank everyone who shared the day with us. We received 1698 Diapers and 1060 wipes!! 

I am inserted a video that I created to capture the memories.  This was the first time I used iMovie so don't be too hard on me. I know it needs some more work but I decided to post it anyway.  I will update it as I improve it :0)





If the video doesn't work you can watch it on YouTube at:
http://youtu.be/00PEzN8m9gw



1 comment:

  1. Desi, how precious....I love, love, love it. Another week closer, I can't wait....love you all. Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete