Wednesday, October 5, 2011

17 Weeks

So Jason and I went to the doctor today for my 17 week checkup. We were both excited all day for a couple of reasons 1) I love getting ultrasounds and seeing the babies move around 2) We get to find out the genders of our sweet babies.  We were so excited!! We decided that we wanted to find the genders out before we revealing to all of our family and friends. We have been through a lot as a couple trying to conceive and decided that this was an intimate moment that we wanted to share alone. We also wanted to announce the names at the Gender Reveal Party and wanted to ensure we decided the names beforehand.

Everything went well at the appointment. According to the scale at the doctor’s office, I have gained 14 pounds (on my scale I gained 12 pounds).  I’m not sure if I mentioned it previously but I have been trying to follow suggestions made by Dr. Barbara Luke in the book When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy.  The book outlines weight gaining suggestions when expecting more than a singleton.  According to her guidelines I am on target. She recommends gaining 20 pounds by 20 weeks based on a normal BMI. At the rate I am going, I don’t think I will have a problem gaining 6 pounds in 3 weeks. 

I always confuse what the babies heart-rates are but I know one heart-rate was 150 and one was 144. I need to take notes while in the doctor’s office. I also asked the doctor a few questions such as can I use a heating pad on my back? (answer: yes); can I travel to the Alabama/MSU football game in November? (answer: possibly but we will have to wait and see); are there any classes offered on birthing or lactation? (answer: yes call the hospital), can I sleep on my back? (answer: No!! No!!) and similar questions to that.

I am still feeling better beside a few aches and pains. The nausea for the most part is gone but my lower back has been killing me. I think it is because Baby A is so low. I really don’t have any food cravings which makes me sad. I sure which there was something that was just delicious to me because now I just eat to eat.  I use the restroom non-stop especially when I am trying to go to sleep at night.  I am not sleeping good at all! I sleep but it is a light sleep which I think is due to being worried about sleeping on my back. One last note- I still can’t feel the babies moving. If I am laying flat and still I think I feel something but not sure.  Overall everything is going great!

We are working late each night cleaning the house for the Gender Reveal Party. I can’t wait! Only 4 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment