Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Itch @ 21 Weeks

So I have been asked by several of my friends if my belly has started itching. I reply no I use Bio-Oil 2-3 times a day so maybe that is helping to prevent itchy skin.  Well I was so wrong- the itch arrived today and in a huge way. I was sitting in a training class and wanted to just scratch constantly. I'm not sure what causes it but it was so uncomfortable!! Besides the itch everything is going well. I get tired fairly easy and have aches and pains but nothing unusual.  Overall my pregnancy is going great.  I have gained a total of 20 pounds which is on target with the book I am following. I still don't have any cravings and get full really, really easy. Several nights I just skip dinner because I am still full from lunch. I included some bare belly photos below because the others just don't do the belly justice. IT IS HUGE! It is so funny because strangers will ask when I am due and I reply March 13th-- you should see their faces.

My favorite thing about being pregnant is feeling the sweet little kicks. I just love laying in bed and waiting on a gentle kick. I am so happy to be a mommy and am so in love with these sweet little babies.




Over this past weekend, Casey and Mrs. June, my mother-in-law, came over to help Jason paint the nursery and make Halloween cookies.  We had a great time baking cookies. The cookies turned out pretty "SCAREY!" as you can see :0)

Really Scary Cookies 

Mrs. June & Casey

On Saturday, my dad and Jason started the moulding in the nursery. I am so excited and can't wait to get it completed.  The moulding was dad's gift to us.  I love the way it turned out!! Below I included photos to track the progress. The nursery colors are cream and white so it will be neutral.  Jason and his mother caulked and painted all day Sunday.  I didn't realize the woodwork would be so much work.  Poor Jason was exhausted by Sunday evening! If you are wondering where my mom was- she was at home sick. She didn't want to be around me.

Before 
Working on the moulding
 
Moulding complete before painting

This weekend my sister and Jason's Aunt Lisa are hosting a family baby shower for me. I can't wait. It will be my first shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment