Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend= Tropical Storm

Sunday, September 4, 2011
So much for a sunny Labor Day Weekend… Tropical Storm Lee decided to move in on the coast on a holiday weekend.  The wind has been blowing and it has been raining since Friday. I am sure Jason is getting stir crazy but I have used the weekend as an excuse to get the house cleaned and organized.  I was off on Friday so I moved all of the hand me down maternity clothes to my closet. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful friends to let me borrow so much. I actually decided to get rid of 4 bags full of clothing since I haven’t worn it in such a long time. It feels so good to have that mess cleaned up.

We also cleaned out the purple room (i.e. office/junk room) and it is ready to be painted.  It is going to be the guest room and the guest room will become the baby nursery. I am so happy to start making some progress. Mom is riding over to help with the trimming so Jason can roll the walls. Hopefully we can get a couple of coats on today so I can set the room up tomorrow.  I will post before and after pictures soon.

On Saturday, Kevin, Keira, Kale, and Kamryn spent the day with us. It was really nice to spend the day with all of them. I can’t believe how big Kale and Kamryn are getting- they grow too fast.  Keira helped me pick the paint color out so we will soon see how we did.   Jason cooked us dinner on the Green Egg. The ribs were perfect.  It was a nice relaxing day.  Keira did let me practice being a mom a little- I burped Kamryn and changed 1 diaper! I sure do have a lot to learn.

On Monday, Jason finished painting all the trim in the bedroom. I am so excited to start moving the furniture in. Dad and I went to Lowe’s and purchased blinds for the bedroom and looked at trim for the nursery. I can’t wait to get started on the nursery. Jason and dad moved all the furniture to the room and hung the curtains- the room is now completed. Yah! The rainy holiday weekend was a success in my mind.
Almost finished with the trim

Marilyn Monroe is daddy's little helper

No comments:

Post a Comment