Thursday, September 8, 2011

31st Birthday...where did the years go?

Thursday, September 8, 2011
So today is my birthday! I am 31 today and can’t believe it. It seems like every year passes by so quickly. I can honestly say that I am at a very happy point in my life- probably close to the happiest I have ever been. I am married to a wonderful man, have an unbelievable family and support group, I love my job, and I am soon going to have 2 sweet babies to love on. I just don’t think I could ask for anything more in my life… in my eyes my life is perfect! 

Jason cooked me a wonderful breakfast this morning. I leave the house at 6am so he was up really early. Then at work, the guys bought me 2 birthday cakes. They are so thoughtful.

I met Jason and Mrs. June at her house for lunch. It was really nice to catch up. Tonight mom and dad are coming over to have dinner with us to celebrate. Jason is going to pick up hibatchi for dinner.  We decided not to go out to dinner because dad needs to take it easy…which is another story.

About a week ago dad mentioned to me that the doctor wanted to perform a heart catheterization due to his elevated Cardiac Smart Score. The Smart Score is a test that can help predict the likelihood of having a heart attack by measuring the buildup of plaque in the coronary arteries, the most likely cause of a heart attack. He told me not to worry it wasn’t a big deal and he should be fine.  His heart cath was scheduled for Wednesday, September 7.  I was a little concerned but knew he needed the test. Mom took off work to be with dad.  I kept in communication with mom during the procedure which seemed like forever.  The doctor finally came out to report on dad.  He said that they asked dad if he wanted bypass surgery and he denied it… mom was in awe. Remember we didn’t think there was an issue.  Well the doctor proceeded to say that they installed 3 stints and the blockage was 90%, 80%, and 40%. We couldn’t believe it but are so fortunate that it was found and dad didn’t have a heart attack.  He stayed in the hospital that night to keep a close watch on him. 

I have been thinking about him a lot and praying that everything will be fine. We were not prepared at all for the outcome of the test. Dad seems to be doing well- I don’t think it has slowed him down much which worries me. I wish he and mom would just take it easy and rest more. But I guess we all need to rest more. Dad is on a strict diet and has to exercise daily- we will see how that goes. We are just so fortunate  that he is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment