Saturday, July 2, 2011

Really? Is this a dream??

So I woke up from a dream this morning around 6am. In my dream I was in the bathroom at my aunt's house (yes, I know, strange) taking a pregnancy test, but I didn't want her to know what I was doing. Well when I checked the test it showed positive and started playing music like the music they play when a baby is born. Crazy, but that is what I woke up to this morning.

Due to my crazy dream, I was wide awake, and I decided to take the pregnancy test - especially since the first urine of the day is the strongest. So I did, and as I looked at it I thought there was a line but I wasn't sure. I couldn't believe it.  One time, during a previous cycle, Jason and I thought we saw a line but it wasn't - your mind has a way of playing tricks on you. So I ran into the room and woke up Jason telling him I that I thought there was a line. By the time we got back in the bathroom, there was a line. We couldn't believe it. I was so excited, and of course he didn't believe it. I waited until 8am to call the doctor's office.  They told me that, yes, I was pregnant, but not to get too excited yet. Sometimes the embryos do not take, and we will need to wait until the blood test. The soonest they would do my first beta was on Wednesday. We took their advice and decided to keep our news a secret. We didn't want to excite anyone too much until we had proof from a blood test.

Our 1st EVER Positive Pregnancy Test!!
























As you can imagine, I was ecstatic- this is unbelievable- yes, finally a positive! From this point on, the nausea increased drastically. We went to the pharmacy to by Tum's to help with my indigestion. I feel like I am floating.. We went to Louisiana Lagniappe for dinner to celebrate. I was sick and in the bathroom most of the dinner.  After dinner we went to a movie at the Destin Commons and then watched a firework show.


We really enjoyed the rest of our trip besides the morning sickness, which lasted all day. So happy we decided to visit the beach for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment