Friday, July 22, 2011

Am I still pregnant?

July 22, 2011
So I called the doctor last week because I did not have any signs of pregnancy. The morning sickness that I had experienced in the beginning was completely gone. Also all the cramping had disappeared. I was so scared that something had happened and that something may be wrong with the babies.  The nurse reassured me that it was completely normal to not have any signs of pregnancy. The morning sickness can come and go throughout the pregnancy. She said that we could do blood-work if that would give me a feeling of comfort but really would only guess what the levels should be. There is not a defined level once into the pregnancy.  The nurse emphasized that I should enjoy feeling good while it lasted. I decline the extra blood-work but felt better that it was normal to feel this way. Of course I also did my own research online (I know they say you should never look online!!) and found that several women experience the same fear due to symptoms disappearing.

Well I had no idea that the nurse was so right!! I should have enjoyed feeling good and not worrying because starting this week, the symptoms are back in full force! I stay nauseous for the entire day. You would think morning sickness is only in the morning but it is NOT! I feel really bad in the evenings and at night while trying to sleep. I never imagined that nausea could disrupt your sleep like this. Also I am exhausted- even at 5 am when I wake up I am yawning. I know it sounds like I am complaining but I am NOT! This is what I wanted and what I have been praying for.  I’m just describing my feeling. :0)

Lucky for Jason he had a busy week. I’m not sure if he actually planned it this way or not but he was gone every night this week.  On Tuesday nights, he plays in a golf league… on Wednesday night he had a Knights of Columbus Meeting… and on Thursday nights he plays in a softball league. Needless to say I think he lucked up with his busy schedule this week. I’m sure I wasn’t that pleasant to be around.

I began a sewing class on Tuesday night at the OS Library with Steph. It was a lot of fun and took my mind off of feeling so bad. We started cutting the pattern on a purse. I am so excited about learning more about sewing so I can make some of the babies’ outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment