Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Pregnant!

I was so excited this morning that I could barely handle myself.  Today is the day we have been waiting on - the blood pregnancy test. I think this is the first time I have actually been excited to drive an hour alone to the fertility doctor's office to get my blood drawn. Finally, this day has arrived.

All the way to the office, I prayed to God that everything would be great and that I was truly pregnant. The nurse told me that I should expect a call within the next 1.5-2 hours.  I left so excited and returned to work.  The cell phone was attached to my hip while awaiting the call. Around 11am I started getting concerned because I hadn't received the call. I called and left a message for the nurse to call me back.

About 30 minutes later she called back.  I could tell she had me on the speaker phone. Two of the nurses and am embryologist was on the other end of the phone waiting to tell me the news. They said you definitely are pregnant! I was so so excited. They continued by saying they thought I was pregnant with more than one baby.  My HCG level was ~550 on Day 12 which led them to believe it was multiples. Typically they utilize the following rule of thumb of HCG levels taken on Day 14:
  • HCG Level of 100- 1 Baby
  • HCG Level of 300- 2 Babies
  • HCG Level of 300-600- 3 Babies
Since my level was so high on Day 12 they predicted that I was pregnant with triplets. YAH! I was so excited. I scheduled my 2nd Beta for Friday to see if the numbers doubled.

I was so excited that I hung up and called Jason immediately. We were both so excited and couldn't wait to share our news with our parents. We decided that we would tell our parent's tonight after the pregnancy was confirmed with the blood test. We were both so excited that it was difficult to work the rest of the day.

I got home a hour before Jason and waited patiently on him.  When he got close I waited in the car for him. I just couldn't wait to tell them. We bought each of our mother's a Pandora Charm that was a baby carriage.  I handed my mom the Pandora box and she opened it. I told dad to look closely. They were both so excited and couldn't believe the good news.  It was so nice to finally tell them. Then we went over to Jason's parents house. He didn't think they would be home but fortunately they were. Mrs. June knew what it was before she even had the box open. They were so excited, too.  It was such a wonderful day! I never thought I would be able to say "I'm Pregnant"!!

Pandora Charm that we gave our mothers

No comments:

Post a Comment