Sunday, July 17, 2011

Must needed Beach Time!

July 17th, 2011

What a wonderful weekend… I left on Friday for a girl’s trip to Sandestin for the weekend.  We had a wonderful time even though it rained the entire time. We were able to spend a few hours on the beach Friday afternoon although it was overcast.  It was nice to sleep in and have  girl time talking about all of our lives. It is crazy how normal your life really is when listening to your close friends and sharing secrets of your relationships. We stayed in Baytowne Wharf  - it was perfect because we didn’t have to drive anywhere.  I think my favorite part of the trip was eating! Yes, imagine a newly pregnant woman enjoying that the most. We ate at Finz’s (grilled mahi mahi), Roberto’s Pizzeria (nachos, cheese bread, spinach dip), Marlin Grill (fried lobster tail and the best creamed spinach ever), and Another Broken Egg (my favorite eggs Benedict).  I came back to the room early each night to rest; I wasn’t able to stay up as late as the other girls. I still heard everything about the night before over breakfast each morning. I have to say those girls are crazy!

Melissa and I 
Christie, me, Carla, & Crystal

Jason had a great weekend planned as well - he and the guys were golfing and going to the camp for some “man time.” Unfortunately it rained the entire time, and he was only able to golf 9-holes. Needless to say, he was disappointed but enjoyed being a couch potato for the entire weekend.  He was probably happy to be home alone without a moody, pregnant wife. It is crazy how fast the pregnancy hormones kick in and affect your mood. I am still on hormone supplements of progesterone and estrogen, so I blame my mood on the excessive amount of hormones in my system.

Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks pregnant. I can’t believe it and I am so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment