Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life is bittersweet at times

August 11, 2011
So you may notice the lack of postings over the last few weeks.  A few days after we told my Grandmother Eleanor that we were expecting she took a turn for the worse.  Over the next week I watched her slowly fade away. I would go visit with her each day after work. It was really difficult but I also knew that she was ready to go. She was tired of feeling so bad and being in so much pain from her back.  My dad took such good care of her and made sure she was comfortable during this time. I am so proud of him and know that he is the best son ever.  Hospice was finally called in the week before she passed.  The last time I visited with her was on the afternoon of Thursday, August 4th and she passed away early the next morning. It was bittersweet for my family.  We knew that she was now in heaven with Grandpa and in a much better place. My mom, sister, dad and I all recently read the book “Heaven is for Real” which I think helped us all through this difficult time. The book is about a little boy who dies for a short period and comes back to describe what heaven is like.  The book really does change your perception of dying and reminds us all there a better place awaits us. 

Below is her obituary.

While we were looking at pictures at Grandma’s house we saw the one below. I just love it. The picture is just how I want to remember by Grandparents.


I was able to move my doctor’s appointment with Dr. Vice due to my grandmother’s death.  Christina was home so she was able to go with Jason and me.  She was so excited to see the babies and hear their heartbeats. Baby A’s heartbeat was 173 and Baby’s B heartbeat was 190 (at least I think that was it).  It was so great to see them again and know that they were growing. They measured 8 weeks 1 day and 8 weeks. I was happy to see that they were closer in size and it now appears that their sacks are right next to each other.  It is the most amazing thing. The photos below were taken when I was 8w6d.


No comments:

Post a Comment