Sunday, August 21, 2011

Momma's Gumbo

Thursday, August 21
Well I had to work this entire weekend for a Maintenance Outage on Unit 3. It really hasn’t been too bad- the worst part is getting up at 5:00am. I just want to sleep in for one day! While I worked on Saturday, Jason played in a golf tournament. He had a good time but didn’t win. After I got home from work, we went over to my parent’s house for dinner. My poor mom has been making seafood gumbo for 2 days. She has tennis elbow which has really been giving her a lot of trouble but she blames it on picking so much okra. Poor mom kills herself in the garden. 

The gumbo was great! It was well worth all of her hard work. Jason and I really enjoyed it.

Paw Paw and Steph also came up to eat. It was nice to visit with them. Steph and I shared our complaints about life (mainly complaining about our moodiness).  We seem to be a lot alike.


I don’t know what has been going on with me but I have been very moody.  I know everyone says it has to do with the hormones but poor Jason just can’t do anything right.  I feel bad for being on mean to him but I keep getting my feelings hurt over small things. I think it would be better if he was home more and not so busy. I guess it is how pregnancy goes.  My nausea and constipation has improved.  I have been taking a Zophran at 6am and at 12pm which seems to help. I am still sick at night but not as bad. I stopped taking the supplemental hormones at 10 weeks and really think that has made a big improvement.  This past Friday, Jason and I ate the Pizza Hut buffet for lunch and then a Big Mac for dinner. Up to this point I have only gained 2 pounds and was 10 weeks/3days. Well I woke up Saturday morning to find that I had gained an additional 2 pounds in 1 night. I couldn’t believe it. My wedding ring was also very tight so I think it had to do with eating processed food and working in the heat at work on Friday.  I am happy I gained the weight but hope I can stop the swelling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment