Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Easy Dinners

The babies are now eating everything!! Anything we eat, they eat. Since they stay home all day, I feel like I must have dinner prepared and left overs so they can try new things and have healthy meals.  It is really difficult since  I am working shift work.

So Jason and I decided to make a list of meals that we enjoy and create a menu each month.  We plan to start using the new menu in February. We will see how that goes.  Until then I am trying a few new, EASY recipes. I found a blog on Pinterest that has great Slowcooker recipes. The blog is called the Country Cook http://www.thecountrycook.net/p/recipe-index.html  She has a list of recipes that look wonderful and a section for slowcooker recipes.

I made the pork chops from the list a few nights ago and I am making Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken tonight.  I plan to blog about each recipe and if my family approves.

Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy
Link to recipe: http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/01/slow-cooker-pork-chops.html


The pork chops were wonderful and fell right off the bone.  I used pork chops with a bone and a beef gravy packet instead of pork gravy (thats what I had in the pantry). I served the gravy over rice with a vegetable and garlic bread.  Next time I will add chopped onions and possibly fresh mushrooms to the recipe.  

Upcoming New Recipes:
-Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
-Cheese Chicken Tator Tots in Crockpot
-Whole BBQ Chicken in Crockpot
-Potato Soup
-Crockpot Enchiladas
-Crockpot Pizza Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment