Thursday, July 26, 2012

1st Doctor Visit

Monday, July 23, 2012
Anna Kate has been pulling on her ear for a few weeks now. She hasn’t had a fever and really hasn’t been fussy. I’m not sure why exactly I decided to take her to the doctor to get checked out but I did. I guess it was the motherly instinct :0). We were able to get an appointment with our pediatrician on short notice (meaning I called at 11:00am and was able to see him at 3:00pm). Thankfully my mother works with his wife. 

So just Anna Kate and I went to the doctor, boy is it easy with one baby.  Jason’s mom kept Foster for us which was VERY helpful. The first thing the doctor said was I seriously doubt it is an ear infection- at this age ear infections are really rare. In the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking hopefully it is nothing- I’m just being overly cautious. But after he examined her he said that her ear was really inflamed and red. He didn’t think there was much fluid but he was concerned if he didn’t treat it that it would get progressively worse. After much discussion between he and I, the decision was made to put her on Amoxicillin antibiotic.  We go back in 1 week to make sure everything is better. I told the doctor about Jason’s major issues with sinus and ear infections. Poor guy as an adult has even had tubes in his years. The doctor said that yes it is unfortunately hereditary.  I hope the medicine works and takes care of the issue before it progresses to something more serious.

Update on Thursday, July 26
I worked last night on night shift. Jason called me and told me that Anna Kate was sounding congested and coughing.  I guess the poor baby is sick. I am so happy now that the doctor made the decision to put her on antibiotics. I started sterilizing the bottles just in case she has a cold that is contagious.  I’m not sure how she caught this bug- I can’t imagine in the babies were in a daycare. We are so fortunate to have someone in our house keeping the babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment