Thursday, February 7, 2013

We LOVE Potato Soup

I've been in bed sick with strep throat the last few days. Thankfully Kelsey was able to come and keep the babies while I stayed away in bed.   I'm finally a little better today so I and got up to make the babies potato soup for lunch.  It turned out great. I followed a few recipes and didn't sure the crock pot.

Here's my recipe:
-3 bacon slices
-1 small onion
-6 large baking potatoes (peeled and diced)
-Low Sodium Chicken Broth (Large Carton)
-Ground black pepper
-Milk (or heavy cream)
-Cheddar Cheese
-Sour Cream
-Chopped chives

-Cook the bacon in a dutch oven pot. Add onion to the drippings and saute until tender
-Add diced potatoes and chicken broth to the pot. I added a little water as well. Season with black pepper, dried parsley, and salt if needed.  Cook on high heat for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
-Use a immersion blender to mash the potatoes. I left a few chunks of potatoes. Add cheddar cheese and milk or cream to the pot until you get the consistency you want.
-Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped chives. ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment